COMITTED TO THE ENVIRONMENT
We are keenly aware of our environmental responsibilities and seek to continuously improve our performance through close monitoring of relevant legislation, utilities consumption and the production of both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
OUR ONGOING INITIATIVES HAVE:
- Generated process improvements for ourselves and our customers - particularly in relation to sustainable scale-up
- Reduced our 2009 water consumption by 439000 litres compared to the previous year
- Reduced our gas consumption by 7.6% over the same period
REDUCING HAZARDOUS WASTE
By careful introduction of more easily recovered solvents and solvents from sustainable sources we are gradually reducing our hazardous waste streams (flammable and non-flammable), use of toxic solvents and emissions to air.
EXAMPLE - CUSTOM SYNTHESIS PROJECT:
- Reduced solvent consumption for initial step by 67%
- Reduction in aqueous waste
- 27% improvement in yield
- 34% improvement in purity
In summary, Peakdale Molecular is working to reduce our environmental impact through continuous process improvement and innovative use of new technologies.