Peakdale Molecular operates state-of-the-art analytical labs equipped with the best in modern instrumentation. The five team members offer a combined experience of over 40 years working in the chemical and pharmaceutical analysis industry.
The analytical labs offer open access, in process and problem solving support to Peakdale's synthesis labs as well as providing comprehensive independent analysis data for all final compounds before shipment. The analytical department also offers analysis or preparative HPLC as a service for external customers.
CAPABILITIES AND EXPERTISE
Core competencies of our analysts include the following:
A range of analytical scale HPLC and GC equipment as well as semi-preparative scale HPLC equipment provides the following capabilities
- Reverse Phase, Normal Phase and HILIC HPLC methodology
- Isocratic and gradient HPLC elution
- UV/visible, diode array, evaporative light scattering and MS detection (HPLC)
- Isothermal and temperature ramp capillary GC column methodology (FID detection)
- High throughput rapid LCMS testing (less than 5min per sample)
- Purity determination methods developed for specific compounds
- Rapid preparative HPLC purification of multiple compounds
- Targeted preparative HPLC purification/separation of specific molecules
2. NMR SPECTROSCOPY
A fully automated high resolution 300MHz variable temperature, multinuclear NMR spectrometer provides the following capabilities
- Open access 1D spectra for 1H, 13C, 19F, 11B and 31P nuclei
- Open access 2D spectra such as COSY, HETCOR, NOESY
- On request specialist experiments such as 1D nOe difference, other nuclei
- Variable temperature data acquisition (sub-ambient to high temperature)
- Structural confirmation/elucidation
- Purity determination
3. MASS SPECTOMETRY
The analytical labs are equipped with the latest Waters/Micromass single quadrupole mass spectrometers equipped with ESI source. These can be coupled to HPLC in order to identify impurities and degradation components.
4. METHOD DEVELOPMENT
Typical method development areas in which Peakdale Molecular specialises include:
- Purity and identity testing of products from discovery and development
- Purity and identity testing of raw materials, intermediates and final products
- Methods in support of synthetic organic reaction monitoring
- Preparative HPLC purification
5. WET CHEMICAL TECHNIQUES
The analytical team can provide water content analysis by coulometric Karl-Fischer titration.
6. DATA INTERPRETATION
Elemental (CHN) analysis and other techniques are also available on request.